Writtle College is situated two miles from the town centre of Chelmsford and just a few minutes walk from the main bus route through Writtle village.
There are several transport options for students attending Writtle College. The most popular are:
- Essex County Council Post-16 Transport Scheme for Further Education Students
- Writtle College Subsidised Bus Service
- Mini-bus service from Chelmsford Station to Writtle College
Essex County Council Post-16 Transport Scheme for Further Education Students for the Academic Year 2015/16Students will need to apply direct to Essex County Council for eligibility. Post-16 transport is available for students between the ages of 16 and 19. The application process differs depending on whether a student has been in receipt of a statement of special educational needs (SEN) up to and including the age of 16. All students are required to apply for post-16 transport by completing the relevant application form.
Each council has its own transport policy, and the above information relates only to students living within Essex. We therefore suggest that you contact the council, specific to where you live to discuss schemes operating in your area. Information sheet below.
Scholar Season TicketDiscounted rail travel when travelling to Writtle College by train
Great Anglia Railway offer a discounted rate for travel to Writtle College by rail.
Please see link below for details on how to apply.
- Scholar Season Ticket - Information
- Scholar Season Ticket - online ordering
- Scholar Season Ticket - how to apply (document)
Writtle College Subsidised Bus ServiceThe College provides a morning and evening minibus service from the following areas:
- Bishops Stortford/Great Dunmow/Sawbridgeworth
- Grays/Chadwell St Mary/Linford/Stanford-le-Hope/Basildon/Billericay
- Southend/Rayleigh/Wickford – There are limited places on this route. Please contact the Transport Department for seat availability before sending payment.
- Times & Locations - Semesters 2014/15
- Times & Locations - Semesters 2015/16
- Routes and locations may change or be discontinued depending on demand for Semesters 2015/16.
Writtle College provides a transport scheme in some areas that is a direct alternative to public transport and is charged at a different rate.
The fee for the Writtle College Minibus Service is £1045.00 per annum, which is split into three payments. £410.00 is payable on booking, second payment of £310.00 payable by the 2 November 2015 and the balance of £325.00 payable by 8 February 2016. Places on the minibus service are limited and allotted on a first come first serve basis with priority given to full time Further Education students aged between 16 to 19 years of age prior to the beginning of the first year of the course. This service operates during FE term dates only.
This service is available to part-time students depending on availability at a standard fare. Please contact the Transport Department at the end of September 2015 for availability of one day a week travel.
Booking forms for the above Writtle College services are available below or by post. Please contact the Transport Department.
Tele: 01245 424262
Mini-bus service from Chelmsford Station to Writtle CollegeWrittle College currently operate a shuttle bus service to and from the railway and bus station area in Chelmsford mornings and evenings during FE term times.
The minibuses pickup in Coval Lane, Chelmsford (beside the council offices). This is a first come first served service. No fee or prior booking necessary.
The service runs Monday to Friday during FE term dates at the following times:
- Morning: 8:15am to 9:15am
- Evening: 4:15pm to 5:15pm (12:45pm to 2:00pm WED AFTERNOONS ONLY)